Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ponder...

I guess sometimes fairy tales and magical stories, say more than what your own words can express. So, I’ll just let these few lines from Harry Potter do the talking this time.


- It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
-It is my belief... that the truth is generally preferable to lies.
-Curiosity is not a sin.... But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed.
-Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.
-Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy
-Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
-I say there are spots that don't come off.... Spots that never come off, d'you know what I mean?
-There was no point in worrying yet.... what would come, would come... and he would have to meet it when it did
-Time is making fools of us again.
- No, I think I'll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up.... It always does in the end.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. I agree.. Fairytales have a lot more substance and meaning to our lives.. But y quotes from fairytales when u have so much to say urself? :-D

A certain someone said...

This still does not justify shouting Expelliarmus at the phuchkawala in Dakshinapan. :D

prachetash said...

@ A: Well, it's me speaking... only garbing it an a fantastic tale of magic... I guess, fairy tales renders us hope... and therefore!

prachetash said...

@ a certain someone: Well, At least I didn't curse him with an 'Aveda Kedavra' (for the Harry Potter illiterates, that's the killing curse) [Ouch!!]

Anonymous said...

Ok.. Here's my take on it!

Choices - Yes! Choices certainly make us who we are.. Sometimes though, choices are made without knowing the outcome.. and i think, that's where we screw up sometimes..

Truth - It has redefined recently - "Truth is what you say when you don't know what will happen in the future" - much like a choice made.. I think sometimes though.. we realize that people want to hear some things, and to them, anything else may be a lie.. in extreme cases like death, lying is a temporary relief.. truth becomes an eventuality..

@curiosity - how much caution is caution enough? curiosity to me is a killer at times.. I don't like to be curious about people & their lives, but curiosity in technology & life is a necessity, no?

Pain - Oh Yeah! No point in hiding the pain! May as well face it in the right amounts at the right time than to let it become a mountain of depression..

More in next comment! :-)

Anonymous said...

Completely agree with the next one!

Are you saying its not always real? Damn it! No No! Don't do this to me!

Yes.. I know what you mean..

The future! Its inevitable.. and its also inevitable for wo/man to ponder about it!

Time is the healer! So, they say! I am not sure about that..

I think choices is a definer! You got me on line no.1

Anonymous said...

Oh! I just realized that I used 'Ponder' in my comment!

:-D

Priyanka Sarkar said...

happened to bump into ur blog...n really liked it!!

im an avid HP fan...except of course the "after nineteen years" bit!
thanks for getting HP memories back

prachetash said...

@ Priyanka: Yes, the 'after 19 years bit' was quite a bummer... And I also wish there would be more books... but guess doesn't always work out that way!

Thanks for 'bumping into' my blog :)
Do bump in again!

jas said...

Hey there prachetash…
This is perx from the scrutinizing team of avant garde bloggers awards. Two of your posts, namely:
“Rain
Life in Technicolor”
are nominated for the off-beat post category, but as per rules only one post by any author can be nominated in a category. So decide if you want to reject one of these or shift them to another category and contact me at jaspreet.hd@gmail.com
Thanx

Everyman said...

It took me a long time to get around to reading Harry Potter..or should i say..watching it :-) I've read just one of the books - the first one :-D and that was last year..needless to say, I dont remember any of these quotes..that thing abt pudding though..was that Ron???