Saturday, August 16, 2008

Coming back to Life

I don’t know how to start this post.

It’s like that awkward feeling that resides in your gut when you go to your workplace after a long break. Nervous smile... piled up work, out-of –touch friends greeting you on a lazy Monday morning. Yes, I’ve been absent from the blog scene for quite some time... and so much has happened in between, that I’m a little lost.

It has taken me

· almost three months,
· a trip back to the sleepless city,
· my favourite cane sofa and
· a couple of pegs of Bacardi,
to pen down my comeback post.

Quite a tall order for 500 words, eh? But, truth is I’ve tried and I couldn’t come up with the first line. It’s always the hardest part. I knew, once I was able to get past that illusive opening line, the rest would follow, but I could not make it happen. Everything that I was living, was too sharp and too clear, so I could never tell where to start- like a map that shows too much sometimes can be useless.

To put it in a nutshell ‘I’m living a different life’.
· From a plush Bombay apartment, to sharing a room with two other guys.
· From making a decent living for myself to thinking every time I buy a pack of cigarettes.
· From comfortable ‘wake up at 11o’ clock and go to office’ to ‘run half asleep to attend lectures at 8 in the morning’
· From a horizontal learning curve to a vertical one
· From scrumptious cuisine at fancy restaurants to the bland mess food (which is vegetarian, and this has got NOTHING to do with my previous post [except for it being a cruel joke played out by fate])
· From late night shows to late night ‘group-study’ sessions
· From ‘cut-throat’ to ‘I wanna take your spleen out’ competition
· From living in the ‘sleepless city’ to living in the memories of the place.
Life has surely changed for me.

I’m back to school, a b-school to be more precise. For people, who have gone through this hell hole, I don’t need to explain, what it is like. And for people who haven’t, no amount of explanation will suffice. But I refuse to go through this alone, and therefore will be torturing you regularly with the accounts of insanity from my life.

For the times, that I’ve lost, I will make up for it. Yes, I promise. I cannot deny you the sadistic pleasure that you will experience once you read about my life in the last two months. But, now is not the time.

Now, it’s time for me to enjoy my well deserved holiday and pour myself another drink...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read about it! Write on!!!! :-D

Nefertiti said...

good 2 see u bck on ur blog... n yes, i know all abt ur miserable life in bschool bcz i have added to the misery, and yes, I have taken a sadistic pleasure in doin so... keep writing (more frequently if possible)

Rana Speaks said...

Anth Mein sab thik ho jata hian...
Aur agar thik na ho, to woh the end nehi hain mere dost

prachetash said...

@Apu:I'm happy to be back!! Yes, yes... more coming up soon..

@ Shimonti: I guess I'm paying the proce already... as you rightly pointed out, it's not easy being in the first year... especially if you are into corpcomm.

@ Kaustav: Yes brudder, I am looking forward to happys endings :)