Thursday, May 17, 2012

So I was thinking # 3

Does character develop over time? In novels, of course it does: otherwise there wouldn't be much of a story. But in life? I sometimes wonder. Our attitudes and opinions change, we develop new habits and eccentricities; but that's something different, more like decoration. Perhaps character resembles intelligence (you're the most intelligent in your life when you are in your teens), except that character peeks a little later: between twenty and thirty say. And after that, we're just stuck with what we've got. We're on our own. If so that would explain a lot of lives, wouldn't it? And also- if this isn't too grand a word- our tragedy.

3 comments:

Nefertiti said...

The bigger tragedy is that in four years, your cumulative blog posts is still languishing in the twenties!!! But yea, I STILL follow it for the rare spark of brilliance (annually)...

prachetash said...

Well, I am amazed that you STILL follow my blog! And a heartfelt thank you for it! :)
But as I've said, that I'm too lazy to be creative. It's my character I guess. :(

prachetash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.